Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sour Cream Blueberry Pie

Earlier this week, Jane (Emily's Mom) came over to my house and watched the little babies so Sam, Max and I could hit Butler Farms for some of the last blueberry picking of this season. I LOVE blueberries...well, I should say I love blueberry baked goods. I'm not one that would eat a bowlful of fresh blueberries, although Sam, Max, Jake and Zoe are.
Sam and Max were willing to be my slave laborers in picking the blueberries....but not for very long. They where pretty much done after a little while.
When they decided they were ready to leave, I told them to sit in the shade and I would finish filling our bowls.

The result of my "hard" work. I don't think we were there for more than an hour and half.
I found a blueberry pie recipe but I was more interested in a Sour Cream Blueberry pie. And this has a shortbread crust. I guess I have a major sweet tooth. I prefer sweet pies, like pecan and chocolate, rather than straight fruit pies like apple or cherry....I should just pour the sugar down my throat but this is much better and there really are a lot of blueberries in it! I found the recipes on Recipe Zaar. Here they are:

Sour Cream Blueberry Pie
Easy Shortbread Tart Crust

Delicious! I could eat it all day! Now I think today we'll be making blueberry muffins....yum....

2 comments:

Emily said...

YUM! yum yum yum. I'm sure it is vegan?

Stepi said...

Wow! That looks wonderful!!! And I loved picking blueberries when we lived in Washington. Wish I was there to help you!