Saturday, June 9, 2007

2 for $5 Blueberries


Last week blueberries were on sale, 2 tiny boxes for 5 bucks, which, as fruit goes is kinda expensive for me but whatever. I indulged myself and threw them in the shopping cart. And later made these blueberry muffins. They were yum, yum. It calls for coarse sugar on the top and that is Scott's favorite part. We has someone over helping us do some yard cleaning (he has a truck to go dump yard stuff, well, to the dump). While Scott and he were working I said I'd put some in his truck cab for them when the drive off. He was surprised that the blueberries where, in deed, actual blueberries and not the crappy berry bits you get in the Jiffy mixes. He loved the sugar crystals, too. Here's the recipe.

Also, don't you love my new IKEA stripped hot pad?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy your blog makes my mouth water! I want to make everything on it! Yum! Yum! Yum!

happytape! said...

wow! those muffins look delicious!!