Friday, August 21, 2009

Hawaii food

I realized how many photos I took of food or restaurants while in Hawaii. Some really cool ones. Also, I'm pretty hungry right now so let's go on a walk down my food memory lane:


Really yummy hawaiian salad my aunt ordered; I didn't taste it


This excellent vegetarian/vegan restaurant. We were making fun of the name (Ruffage) but then had a veggie burger and stopped laughing- it was fantastic. If you go there go before 6 because that is when it switches over to a sushi restuarant. Weird.


Every night my mom went either to Coldstone Creamery or Haagen Dahz. All good stuff.


Did not try this but it made me laugh


Shrimp trucks shrimp- garlicy and good


Mixed plate at the Hukilau cafe. This cafe was in the movie '50 First Dates' but only the name because the place itself is a real dive. But so good. This is mac salad, rice, teri beef, fried shrimp and mahi mahi


Hukilau Burger- a hamburger with teriyaki beef on top and a fried egg. SO GOOD


Shave Ice- very famous and super yummy. You can get icecream and azuki beans inside- delish! There are other flavors besides blue but we happened to get blue hawaiian and vanilla which are blue.


These cool tropical sodas which I did not sample


I had a veggie burger every day at a different restaurant. This one was just ok. I forgot to take photos of them all. Every restaurant does it differently- this one was kind of like a carrot and potato hashbrown. The one from Ruby Tuesday is more like rice and beans. Surprisingly Burger King's veggie burger is excellent. My favorites were from Ruffage (vegan restaurant in Waikiki) and the one at the Grass Skirt Cafe in Haliewa

0 comments: