Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Birthday Cakes

We have two birthdays close together, too (like Emily). For Jake's Batman cake, I used Steph's chocolate cake and frosting recipes. Yum!
After some chatting, Sam decided he wanted a Halloween cake. (Probably because I had just put up our Halloween decor.) I just used a box chocolate cake, then on top is a cream with CoolWhip, cream cheese, chocolate pudding and powdered sugar. Then on top of that, crushed Oreos for the "dirt". I dipped NutterButters and graham crackers in two different shades of tinted grey white chocolate and made those into headstones then put all that other goofy stuff on it. It was fun but sugar on top of sugar with more sugar on top of that is sort of overload, but Sam seemed to like it.

2 comments:

Emily said...

What fun! Looks yummy

rickandrenae said...

kathy, your cakes looks so good! some day I'll do the halloween one too. I'm sure it was a hit.