Monday, October 13, 2008

Honey Soy Chicken & Mom's Mediterraniean Pilaf

This is the 3rd or 4th time I have made these drumsticks and I love them. A friend recommended it. Steph has made them a bunch of times too. Try them out. The first time I made them I forgot to put the salt and pepper on the legs before the sauce. Ya need the salt and pepper. This last time I forgot the water it calls for and I liked it even better! Here's a link to the recipe. LINK I don't put the foil in because the pan gets all sticky anyway.
This is a recipe Mom gave me years ago that I really like. You might have had it. She does put the golden raisins in it but I don't. Not a fan. But the rice is really great. I usually have all the ingredients on hand. Tina hadn't heard of it from Mom so I thought I'd post the recipe.

Mom's Mediterranean Pilaf
3 c. chicken broth
1 1/2 c. uncooked rice
4 Tbsp oil
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp curry
1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 c. golden raisins (optional, duh.)

In a 1-quart saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. In a medium saucepan, mix dry rice, oil, turmeric, curry, soy sauce, and raisins. Pour in broth. Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.

3 comments:

happytape! said...

yum, yum! thanks!

you forgot to mention that i was to blame for the fact that you left out the water on the drumsticks--remember, we were talking on the phone? (i must be mentioned as often as possible!!)

Kathy said...

I love attention, too! :)

Stepi said...

Hey! I love the new posts. It is so great coming back from vacation with lots of new stuff to read! I think I will make this chick this week.