Friday, August 29, 2008

"L" is for love

These are two of my very favorite tools in the kitchen. I use both of them almost every day. I have a couple of different sizes of scoops which I use for cookies, muffins, measuring Jonah's food (especially rice) and lots of other ways. Every time I use a scoop I think "I love this scoop!"

A silicone brush is the must have of must haves!!! I use this often more than once a day. I have two of them, luckily. I use it for greasing pans, basting meats, bbq-ing and for all frying pans. It works well with shortening, butter and oil. I usually pour a little oil in a custard cup and use the brush to oil skillets while making pancakes, crepes, waffles, eggs etc. I really can not tell you how much I love this little tool. Who whould have thought? It is made for high heat but the very, VERY best thing about it is that it goes into the dishwasher. It comes out perfectly clean every time! Not greasy or anything. It is wonderful.
I know I am a geek, but I really love kitchen tools--the ones that work well, I mean. So do you have any favorite tools?

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I need more of those scopes! Yesterday I made Tina's chocolate tarts. YUM! And I decided I really need another pie pan.

You said a while ago that you always use tongs, too for everything. So I bought myself a cheap set and I too really find a use for them all the time! Thanks for the tips.

Here's my tip: Don't look directly into the sun.

Stepi said...

Kath, your such a smart A...!

Emily said...

I use a spoon almost every day!

I use my 1c measuring cup (because all my others have disappeared- they might be in the bathtub?)

See, I have an opposite view from you foodies- the more pans you have the more they get dirty. If I have 1 frying pan or cookie sheet, I have to wash it before I can cook something else. If I have 4 frying pans, they are all dirty in the sink and I still have to wash them before I can cook something.

I did see one of these silicone brushes today in THE GROCERY and thought of all you wonderful cooks. Then I went and bought my kids some ramen. ;0)

love ya!