Friday, July 18, 2008

Panna Cotta and Mom's Pear Chutney

Hi all!

Well, I wanted to post about two recipes that I made this last week. I told Tina and Steph that I was going to make a Vanilla Panna Cotta (sp?) recipe from EverydayFoods and I did. My kiddos and Scott loved it. It suggested putting maple syrup on it and I didn't like that but it was good and easy. But I sort of felt like I was just eating Jell-o. I think I'll just make Creme Brulee or Flan next time. But it was still yummy and super easy.

I also tried Mom's Pear Chutney with pork chops and it was so DELICIOUS! That one was super easy too! And I really loved the flavor of the pear chutney. Yummy. I'll make this one again. I was concerned about the cooking time for the chops. Can pork be a little pink in the middle or are we thinking chicken and no pink? Let me know. I have no idea.

Anyway, thanks Mom!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I can't wait until you move here and I can eat your yummy food every single week.

Wait, I guess you will come here sometimes, too. Well, hope you like hotdogs, sub sandwiches and baked potatos. Sometimes spaghetti if I'm really feeling fancy.

Belva Wilberg and Elder JJ Simonsen said...

Hi Kathy,
We were having home evening with the kids tonight when you called.
I think that it is too late to call tonight but I will tomorrow.
The pork with pear chutney is pretty tasty. I am glad you took a chance on it. I think today that a little pink is alright. Many people way overcook pork. The times that this recipe mentions are shorter than usual but I have made this recipe two or three times and it is very tender and not at all dry...and a little pink in the middle.

Saw the boys on scotts blog..what cuties. I miss them and all of you. Talk to you tomorrow. Love you, Mom

Stepi said...

Pink is now ok with pork. Much more tender and moist that way!