Thursday, September 6, 2007





First step: get a crockpot. I bought one at my neighbor's yard sale for $3.

Get your ingredients together: onion, garlic, jar of spaghetti sauce, some sort of meat product (I used italian sausage), box of noodles (uncooked), and your 3 cheese combo- motzarella cheese, parmasian cheese (please not the stuff in the green sprinkle can) and cottage cheese (or ricotta for you richy riches).

In your frying pan brown your meat and throw in your chopped onion and garlic. Drain it; add jar of spaghetti sauce.

In a bowl mix your cheeses

Get ready to layer-

sauce, noodles (3-4 broken into pieces to fit in crockpot), cheese, sauce, noodles, cheese, sauce, noodles, sauce.

Cook on low. The recipie said 4-6 hours but mine was done after about 2-3.

Easy! And it doesn't heat up your whole dang house.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Yum, Yum!! I LOVE crockpot dishes! Usually, pretty quick prep and delicious results. This stuff looks great! I'll have to do it! Thanks Emily!

happytape! said...

i'm totally going to try it. did the noodles taste 'done'?

Stepi said...

Wow! My family will love that! I always think lasagna is a big pain to make (so I never make it) but that looks great!