Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lemon Layered Cake

So my friend is having a small shower/dinner for another friend of mine. I asked what I could bring and she said a dessert. I've been wanting to make this cake that's from the Cook's Illustrated Magazine from March/April 2007. This photo above is the lemon curd filling.
Here is the cake partly assembled with the icing on the side. It was like a Swiss Meringue icing: egg whites, sugar, flavoring, heated up a bit then beaten.
Ta-da! Doesn't it look purrdy! After I did a crumb layer and after dumping then spreading the rest of the icing on the cake, I took the back of a spoon and made these fancy peaks. It's not as sharp as the picture in the magazine and I still don't know what it tastes like but I do like the way it looks.

If you would like the recipe let me know. I can't set up a link because you have to have a user name and password to get onto the Cook's Illustrated web site but I do have it to send to you via email if you want.

What do you think of the cake?

3 comments:

happytape! said...

Mouthwatering!! Really! That looks so delicious! I hope it tastes as good as it looks!

DarkChocolateDaily said...

It is so gorgeous!!!! I would love the recipe. Thanks for the inspiration.

Stepi said...

I could use this cake right now!! It looks so good!