Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Homemade Enchilada Sauce

This is such a simple recipe I found. It is also super fast!

Enchilada Sauce

Put all ingredients in blender and puree

1 14.5 oz can dice tomatoes (mine had garlic too)
1 4 oz can of green chiles (with juice)
1/2 c chopped onions
2 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 clove garlic (or garlic powder if that's all you have)
1/4 tsp pepper

Place sauce in sauce pan and bring to boil for about 5 minutes. Add salt to taste. You might want a little more chili powder before boiling as well, if you like it spicy. Now it is ready to use any way you like!!

I dip corn tortillas in the sauce then place in a casserole dish. I have layered them with taco meat, beans, cheese and rice lasagna style. I only did them with rice once. I think I really just love them with refried beans and cheese, but every way so far have been yummy.

I would double the recipe next time because I think it barely makes enough sauce for a 9x13 pan and I would like to layer some sauce on top too. Try it! All my kids love it and that is amazing!!

1 comments:

Kathy said...

Yum! I'll have to try this stuff out!