Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rustic Sugar Cookie Strawberry Tarts

The other day we needed a treat. I had some leftover strawberry glaze and lots of strawberries, so I came up with these simple, tasty tarts and then I made them again the next day, they were so good.

Rustic Sugar Cookie Strawberry Tarts
1. Make your favorite sugar cookie dough. Roll into simple balls and slightly flatten on the cookie sheet. Bake according to recipe.
2. Puree a handful of strawberries with powdered sugar to make a thick glaze. Let it sit for a bit. You don't want it too liquid-y. Then combine the glaze with cream cheese to make a strawberry frosting. Add sugar to taste but I like it a little tart since the cookie is sweet.
3. Spread the strawberry frosting on the bottom, flat side of the cooled cookie. That is the little secret. They are perfect to hold this way.
4. Top with fresh sliced strawberries. No extra sugar needed!
I could eat the whole tray! Really.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

These look SO yummy!! We just had some fresh strawberry milkshakes the other day.Man! So good! Thanks for the recipe, Steph!

DarkChocolateDaily said...

Beautiful! They look super, duper tasty. I can't wait to sample them sometime.

Emily said...

Why do I come look here at dinnertime? Now I'm super hungry