Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Country Pork Ribs & Cheesy Potatoes

I was talking to Mom about a dinner I made and had Nick and Emily come over. She wanted the recipes so here they are. They are good and easy...but don't burn the cheesy potatoes under the broiler like I did. :(

Country Pork Ribs

3 lbs. country pork ribs
1 c. ketchup
1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce (I like mine less sweet so I add more Worcestershire & mustard)
2 Tbsp Yellow mustard (not the spice)
1/2 c. brown sugar (more if you like it sweet)
garlic salt

Put ribs in a baking dish. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt. Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour over ribs. Cover with foil and bake at 300 degrees for 3 hours.

Cheesy Potatoes

1-2 lb. bag of frozen potatoes (shredded or cubed) thawed (or as I like to say "unthaw" :))
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c. sour cream
10 oz. cheddar cheese
cornflakes, crushed enough to cover top
1 cube butter, melted, divided in half
salt, pepper to taste
dried parsley (optional I add this for looks)

Mix all ingredients together, except half of the butter and all the cornflakes. Put in lightly sprayed casserole dish (8x11 or 9x12). Put cornflakes on top and drizzle with remaining butter. Bake for 1 hour at 300 until lightly browned.

3 comments:

happytape! said...

i think it's "rethaw"

this is guilty pleasure food! especially the cornflakes!

Emily said...

It is superdelicious! We love having Kathy here to cook for us! It gives my family a break from the pancakes and hotdogs (not together)

Stepi said...

Man, I'm totally hungry right now! I have never made ribs. Don't you have to say "ribs" with a funny accent?