Friday, January 2, 2009

Bay Scallop flop & Roasted Chicken success


So you've all got to help me. A while ago, I wanted to try a recipe with bay scallops. If you don't know (like I didn't), bay scallops are little tiny scallops. Anyway, the recipe said to pat dry the scallops (they contain a lot of water) and coat them with bread crumbs with some spices. I did that and started to fry them up and ended up with bread crumb-less scallops and a totally bread crumb coated frying pan (shown above). What happened? Do any of you know?Also, a while ago, I made this very pretty roasted chicken. It called for forty (yes 40) cloves of garlic but just in the pan along with some herbs under the skin. It tasted alright but I think the garlic should go under the skin and inside instead of just in the pan. It was pretty tasty though. And so pretty!

1 comments:

Stepi said...

Breading can be tricky and I dont have much advice but I did see an Alton Brown (I love him) show specifically on scallops. Maybe you could try and find that.

The chicken does look tasty. I have used a garlic paste with herbs under the skin and it was very yummy. Did you just eat the roasted garlic spread on crusty bread? Oh so good.