Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Today's Lunch Special!

I just had one of my favorite simple little lunches. Toasted wheat english muffin, a little butter then broiled with chedder cheese. I topped it with garden tomatoes (from dad), avacado and plenty of kosher salt and pepper. Add a side of cut up mango with nectarines and it is a completely satisying and delicious lunch eaten quietly alone after the kidlets left the table! I probably didn't need both toast halves though, because I am a little full.

This is especially yummy with a crusty italian type bread but I don't always have that on hand.
Eat it tomorrow!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds so yummy and fresh. I love avocados!

In Argentina, their avocados are HUGE! Like bigger than a big soft ball. They have the pits to match but they are still big. Anyway, we would often buy fresh rolls and have avocado sandwiches. They were only mayo (dad, guacamole doesn't have mayo!:)), salt and avocado. I could eat those all day!

Emily said...

I think you should come to my house and make it for me! ;0) Really, that goes for every food item you guys post on here.

happytape! said...

i had something like that for lunch today! ciabatta with sharp cheddar--i love it!!

i think i could have bread and cheese (with avocado, tomatoes, etc. as bonuses) every single day! i love it.