Thursday, June 28, 2007

Is this Heaven?

Pavlova with lemon curd, berries and whipped cream
I made this most delicious dessert for Mother's Day for Mom of course! But I also made it for a girl's night out the same weekend. It is so simple! I made individual meringues as well as a big one in a pie shell. (I can't decide which I liked better.) Then I made homemade lemon curd all the day before. All you have to do is cut the berries, add a titch of sugar and whip the cream. Assemble when ready to eat and I tell you it is pretty much a perfect dessert! I wish I had one right now. If you beg I will put the recipes up but all the different parts are in the standard Better Homes and Garden plaid cookbook. Make it tonight.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

That looks SOOOOOO yummy! I did look the recipes up in the BH&G cookbook and they are there. I've never made lemon curd before...I haven't even ever USED lemon curd before so I wanted to make sure. I want to make it this weekend for some friends that are coming in from out of town. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hey, Steph, the whip cream is sweet, right?

Liz said...

mm great photo. love the top cream (?) dripping over it

happytape! said...

nice picture!! that looks delicious!

i made lemon curd on Wed. and it took FOREVER! the recipe said to stir over med. heat for 12-15 minutes, but it should have read 72-75 minutes. i was standing there for at least that long! i made it for a trifle and it was really great, so i guess it was worth it.