Thursday, January 6, 2011

Potato/Black Bean Veggie Burgers

I'm going to try a bunch of veggie burger recipes.
I made these for lunch and they were so good I made them again for dinner. Zac had 2 helpings. I'll post the original recipe first. It had some weird amounts (like it used 1 cup of corn which is 1/2 a can or 1/2 an onion. Then you have the other half to hang around)So just double the recipe to start with and you'll be all set! Also, they are very liquidy so I just squeezed it really good to get a lot of the moisture out. I got to use a new kitchen tool I have never used in my entire life- a potato masher! Hot cha!

They are a lot like fancy latkes. I ate them on a plate with a fork. I think they would be good on toast with lettuce and tomato but I didn't want the extra carbs of the bread. Abby said she wished she had not added ketchup.

Potato Veggie Burgers (original recipe from HERE)
1 cup canned black beans
1 carrot, grated
1/2 onion, diced
3 potatoes, grated
4 scallions, chopped (I didn't have scallions, I left them out)
1 cup corn
salt and pepper to taste
oil for frying
Mash beans. Add remaining ingredients (except oil) and mix until well combined. Shape mixture into patties, cook about 3 min on each side

Potato Veggie Burgers (doubled and tweaked)
1 can canned black beans (mashed)
1 onion diced
6 potatoes grated
1-2 carrots (or not) grated
1 can corn
Mix and shape into patties. Fry 5 min on each side, sprinkle with garlic salt

0 comments: